- RELEASE: March 19th 2016
- adidas Originals x Spezial collaboration
- Bring back of the adidas Montreal (originally made in Germany) – For legal reason we had to change name
- Suede upper, leather stripes at heel tab
- Updated branding on quarter
- Leather lining
- Gum some with translucent effect (vintage look)
- Fake vintage numbers printed inside shoe quarter
- Pair of extra laces wrapped in a vintage inspired packaging
- Spezial leather hangtag
- Spezial sockliner print
- light onix/power red/ftw white
adidas and France have a long, on-going love story with some of the brand’s most iconic designs and moments coming from this fine country. The French Riviera is synonomous with sophistication, affluence and style - and this is the starting point for the inspiration in adidas Originals x SPEZIAL Spring/Summer 16.
Since the early 50´s the Côte d’Azure has been known for its glamour. Whether it be the Rolling Stones recording ‘Exile on Main Street’ or the Cannes Film Festival this part of the world is a cultural haven. Warm summers, nice beaches, beautiful country side, incredible parties, and cities known all over the world: Cannes, St Tropez, Monte Carlo,….. All are influential on this latest collection.
For this adidas Originals x Spezial range, adidas looks to aspects of its archive / DNA that have a French flavor and reinvents them through the eyes of a British man - Gary Aspden. The range uses updated components to create a modern collection.