- Leather and mesh upper
- Premium pigskin and synthetic nubuck overlays
- Reflective details
- Leather lining
- 3-stripes webbing
- EVA midsole with embedded 3-stripes
- Lace tips with branding of 'FTPTRL' and lettering 'London'
- TORSION® sole system
- Rubber outsole
- adidas & Footpatrol logo embroideries on heel
- adidas & Footpatrol branded tongue labels
- Two extra laces (bordeaux / black) and two extra lace tips with branding of adidas and Footpatrol
- black/off white/burgundy
For this collaboration, Footpatrol nods to adidas’ history of London inspired footwear. Its EQT Running Cushion 93 is designed with a color palette and detailing reminiscent of the legendary adidas London runner.
Now for a bit of history. The Equipment line was first launched in the early 90s. adidas’ aim was to take things back to basics, to focus on pure performance; to make a running shoe that really worked for runners. By 1993, the Equipment line had various footwear models designed to cater to every type of runner: the Support for supinators; the Guidance for pronators; the stripped-back Racer, and the Cushion, a more supportive model designed to offer all-round comfort.
23 years later, running and running models have evolved, but adidas’ attitude towards performance footwear remains unchanged. The EQT Cushion model has enjoyed a renaissance with a modern generation of sneaker wearers. Nowadays, it speaks to those who like to keep it basic and prefer to keep things understated.